|Page (1) of 1 - 03/15/17||email article||print page|
AccuWeather to Showcase StormDirector+ Innovations at 2017 NAB Show, Recognized for 55 Years of Superior Accuracy and Life-Saving Impact
STATE COLLEGE, Pa., March 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, today announced exclusive product innovations in StormDirector+®, the industry-leading interactive weather system, to be demonstrated live at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Show held April 22-27 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, NV.
This marks AccuWeather's 55th year as the Weather Enterprise leader, saving lives worldwide through Superior Accuracy. For 55 years, AccuWeather has remained focused on what it does best personalizing the world's most accurate weather information so people can improve their lives. With an expanded presence at this year's NAB Show, AccuWeather recognizes and celebrates its long-standing partnerships, commitment to innovation, and life-saving impact.
Located at NAB Booth #SL6816, AccuWeather will demonstrate a wide range of unparalleled innovations in StormDirector+, significantly advancing all aspects of weather presentations for local television stations around the world, including:
- Fast, easy-to-use, and unique template-driven scenes and weather presentation tools, providing the cornerstone for the most interactive weather presentations from every day coverage to severe breaking weather.
- The most stunning, high-definition quality videos, utilizing multiple inputs to deliver simultaneous videos live on the air.
- Immersive Weather Hyper-realistic 3D views of the forecast exclusively available from AccuWeather, integrating high-resolution mapping and buildings, detailed weather conditions, interactive touchscreen controls, and more to deliver the most impactful, modern weather presentations that appeal to digitally-savvy viewers.
- Additional critical functionality and precise weather datasets including high-resolution GOES-R satellite, single site radar reflectivity, and velocity data to identify and pinpoint severe weather in advance of the storm.
- Expanded, diverse presentation formats based on rapidly-changing weather conditions to keep content current, fresh, and engaging for viewers.
- Real-time social media integration to engage viewers in two-way conversations by featuring social media updates as severe weather strikes, turning the audience into "storm spotters" on the air to drive engagement.
- Time lapse creation, integrating a station's live web cameras and creating turnkey, high quality animations over time to dynamically show how weather has progressed throughout the day.
- One-stop integration into StoryTeller® Interactive Touchscreen Solution by AccuWeather, seamlessly incorporating StormDirector+ local weather information and updates into the only complete, interactive touchscreen solution for the entire presentation including news, sports, traffic, social media, crime, live audience polling, user-generated content (UGC), election results, customizable mapping, and more.
Additional StormDirector+ and StoryTeller innovations will be revealed and demonstrated live on-site at the 2017 NAB Show.
StormDirector+ debuted at the 2016 NAB Show, providing television stations with the best network-quality solution that transforms local weather presentations. Its intuitive user-friendly interface makes it easy for anyone to customize and present the most engaging weather presentations, complementing a station's branded look and feel. Built to run on a green screen, video wall, or touch screen, StormDirector+ is available as a stand-alone turnkey weather system or is fully compatible with StoryTeller, integrating weather into the complete, interactive touchscreen solution for the entire presentation.
StoryTeller is the essential presentation solution that increases viewership and makes all aspects of the news presentation faster, easier, and more effective, uniquely connecting with a digital-savvy audience. With its intuitive and user-friendly interface, StoryTeller empowers anyone to create customized, interactive presentations that integrate the power of breaking news, weather, sports, traffic, social media, crime, live audience polling, user-generated content (UGC), real-time election results, customizable mapping, and more. A necessity in today's highly competitive market, StoryTeller resonates with today's digital media behaviors, allowing broadcasters to stay in touch with viewers and their expectations. StoryTeller incorporates the next level of transformational interactivity and visual excitement into a digitally-advanced experience that attracts audiences with the most personalized, engaging presentations.
To schedule an executive interview with AccuWeather Founder, Chairman and President Dr. Joel N. Myers, Vice President of Display Systems and Services Ryan Ayres, or Director of Product Development, Display Systems and Services Bill Boss, contact Justin Roberti at 814-235-8756 or Justin.Roberti@AccuWeather.com.
About StormDirector+ and StoryTeller
AccuWeather is a global leader in digital media, developing award-winning AccuWeather applications and partnering with all major manufacturers of mobile devices, serving over 19 billion data requests every day. AccuWeather has applied this digital expertise to develop StormDirector+ and StoryTeller Interactive Touchscreen Solution, the only solutions of their kind that bring all aspects of each presentation to life in the most compelling, interactive, and engaging ways. Interactive content available on StoryTeller includes weather with Superior Accuracy from AccuWeather, live polling, sports, social media, traffic, crime, special events, and more. StoryTeller Touchscreen Solution is used in newsrooms across North America, including 14 of the top 15 U.S. markets. A global solution, StoryTeller is also used worldwide including China, Belgium, Nigeria, South America, Netherlands, Mexico, and the Caribbean. StoryTeller has a global audience reach of over 100 million U.S. viewers and more than 300 million worldwide.
Visit www.AccuWeather.com/StoryTeller for additional information.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/accuweather-to-showcase-stormdirector-innovations-at-2017-nab-show-recognized-for-55-years-of-superior-accuracy-and-life-saving-impact-300424125.html
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Pro AV, Presentors, Display, Anim, Broadcast Technology, Business Issues, Presentation, People, Events, Video, USA, NAB Attendees, National Association of Broadcasters, Sports, Television, Internet Technology, Sports,