|Page (1) of 1 - 03/03/15||email article||print page|
ASSIMILATE Launches SCRATCH WebFirst Professional Cloud-based Multi-user Collaboration Tool to Offer Individual Clip, Timeline, or Timeline+Version Sharing
Power up global collaboration, productivity and creativity; Power down production costs
ASSIMILATE(tm), a leading provider of professional digital dailies and DI workflow tools today launched SCRATCH Web, the first professional cloud-based multi-user collaboration and review tool that offers individual clip, timeline, or timeline+version sharing (SCRATCH CONstruct), and native support for industry-standard RAW camera formats. Now creative professionals in the digital cinema and broadcast industry - from producers, directors, DPs, and DITs, to editors, VFX and post artists - are able to publish RAW material in any format, in any resolution, at any time, from anywhere in the world. SCRATCH Web enables robust collaboration for anyone on the creative team in the formats they use to shoot, edit, and distribute digital content -- RED, ARRI, Blackmagic, Sony, Panasonic, Canon, MXF, DPX, EXR, ProRes, and many more. Affordable for everyone - indie filmmakers, large studios, or any size post-production house - SCRATCH Web offers the ability to create, review, and collaborate seamlessly and securely in real time.
Current on-set users of SCRATCH Play(r) or SCRATCH(r) - such as DITs, directors, and DPs -- are able to directly publish raw media, along with metadata, to SCRATCH Web for immediate team review.
The SCRATCH Web collaborative environment may also include any approved individuals for the specific digital media project, such as film, video, or TV episodes. To ensure uninterrupted production workflow, reviewers are able to view the content through HTML5-enabled web browsers, or the upcoming mobile-connected SCRATCH Web app for iOS, Android, or Windows.
|SCRATCH Web artist collaboration|
With a private web channel, timelines can be locked down with industry-standard encryption and permissions. With the public channel, publishers can easily and quickly create links to share their content with the world.
"Although there is no shortage of online media and file sharing choices, SCRATCH Web is first with a true, cloud-based timeline and versioning functionality, and native support for industry-standard RAW camera formats. It's built for professionals, by professionals," said Lucas Wilson, VP business development at ASSIMILATE.
|SCRATCH Web with metadata reporting|
The SCRATCH Web Experience
|SCRATCH Web on iPhone|
Universal View and Review - Use Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or IE for HTML5 CONstructs in a browser. Use tablets and mobile connected devices with the SCRATCH Web app for iOS, Android, or Windows.
Collaborate and Annotate - Experience multi-user collaboration, with individual user annotation and annotation sync capability.
Private or Public - Lock down timelines with industry-standard encryption and permissions, or make links public to quickly and easily share with the world.
- Browser Viewing - HTML5, opened with any modern browser: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Explorer.
- Tablet or Mobile viewing - Apps available (or coming soon) on the iOS App Store, Google Play, or Windows Store.
- Privacy and Permissions - All content published as public is viewable by anyone with the appropriate URL. All content published as private content is encrypted and password-protected, requiring creation of a (free) ASSIMILATE account.
- ASSIMILATE Accounts - Create one yourself or have one automatically created by the media being shared with you.
- Channels - Created through SCRATCH Web Channels; available as a free trial or via monthly subscriptions.
- Publishing - Requires desktop Windows/OSX client - SCRATCH Play (free) or SCRATCH.
- Shot or Timeline Publish - Publish a single shot or a complete timeline including versions. Shots can be published at several resolutions - including Ultra HD! Optionally, publish full-resolution stills as a slide show. All published media includes a full set of metadata from camera settings to individual user-identified annotations (sticky notes).
- Reporting Tool - Generate various media reports that include proxy images and metadata.
- Sharing - As easy as entering an email address.
- Sync and Annotation - Viewers enter their own comments on individual shots that sync back to SCRATCH Play or SCRATCH, and are viewable on any connected SCRATCH Web mobile apps.
|SCRATCH Web on desktop, iPhone, and tablet|
Price and Availability
For a FREE 30-day trial of SCRATCH Web, see http://www.assimilateinc.com/trials/registration.aspx To learn more about SCRATCH Web and other SCRATCH products, see www.assimilateinc.com
ASSIMILATE is the premier provider of digital workflow and post-production tools that have proven essential to the successful creation of thousands of studio and independent features, television shows, music videos and corporate video productions. The company's SCRATCH products equip directors, DPs, DITs, and post artists with state-of-the-art, intuitive, data-centric solutions they need to meet the ever-present challenges of increased creativity and productivity amid ever-shrinking budgets. Running on Windows and Mac OS X, SCRATCH is a powerful end-to-end digital cinema and broadcast imaging tool for dailies, conform, versioning, color grading, playback, compositing and finishing for nearly all popular digital workflows, including, ARRI, RED, Sony F65 and F55, Canon 5D, Phantom, Go Pro, Oculus Rift, 3D, and many more. To download a 90-day free trial of SCRATCH products, see www.assimilateinc.com.
Related Keywords:Assimilate, Scratch Web, post production, color correction, film production
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved